We’re looking for highly skilled Level Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to seeing your resume!
– Work with design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation departments to deliver level designs that epitomize the creative vision of the game;
– Research subject matter relating to the design objective in an effort to ensure the authenticity of the experience;
– You will be expected to own level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood;
– Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a Designer, evangelize the ultimate promise to deliver “fun.”;
– Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game;
– Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
– 3+ years’ experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, shipping at least one title;
– Experience working with a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline;
– Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.;
– Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts;
– Expert game design sensibilities;
– Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills;
– Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools;
– A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments;
– A positive, solution-oriented attitude and passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games;
– Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques;
– Passion for making and playing games.